Thursday, February 21, 2013

our ritual valentines day


In 2011, Aaron and I started going on a getaway (aka Aaron's fishing spot), Santee Cooper, SC.
This started the year we were planning our wedding and I wanted nothing more but Valentines to be about him therefore we stayed at his parents home away from home for the weekend.
It ended up being an amazing weekend that I wanted to continue as long as
we could. Soo...

I did not take many pictures when we were back at the house
however I manage to capture a few pictures on our first day on the lake.
It was a beautiful day. The water was so smooth. The sun was shining.
However, it was chilly. Very chilly - which is expected in February.



headed out for the day.


Jackson wanted nothing more than this donut.




My wonderful, amazing, 'everything I continue to dream of' husband.



Our first Buttercat of the day. We were pretty excited - he was trilled.
However, after weighing it Aaron was a bit disappointed. Weighing in at 37.5.
He's caught every 30 lber, every 30 + ounces but can't quite reach 40lbs.
So we continued.

My turn next. I prayed that CAT did not come off the hook.
17lbs, I don't know who was more proud - him or me.

&& that's about it with the fish pictures.  As I explained, it was really cold. You can see both of us adding more clothing as the day continued. The only one content was Jackson. We caught 2 more buttercats in their
teens before we wrapped the day up.

I absolutely love fishing days like this with Aaron.
Its incredibly relaxing. We don't do a whole lot but I think that's what I love about it.
There are no distractions. Just me & him (well... & this time we had Jackson) with all the time in the world.
... until the line goes off. HA!

Other happenings throughout the weekend:

We saw four different bald eagles on this day. Wow. Crazy.
They were all fishing too.

We eat dinner at Coasters, which was an excellent seafood bar/restaurant
that.... was connected to a strip club. Weird?
No. We did not spend out love weekend in the strip club.

We ended up NOT fishing on Saturday after due to the rough water &
weather forecast.  It snowed that night, how fun!

Jackson is so spoiled he is used to getting something delish when one
returns from 'dinner' (a steak bone) - he thinks he is human.
Well... we dined at a seafood place therefore we thought, " he'll get a bone tomorrow night. We will
get some chicken at KFC && he'll be fine".
KFC && Bojangles (the ONLY two fast food restaurants around) both had NO chicken
for 20 minutes. WHAT? So Jack got a personal steak from Waffle House... yeah, he's THAT spoiled.


Amazing weekend. Perfect way to spend Valentines.
No roses. No chocolates (except from my nieces/nephews). Just QT with Aaron.
EXACTLY how I want it. It's always perfect. I look forward to it every year!

XO, j

13 comments:

Cayla said...

What a sweet weekend :) It's awesome that you guys have a tradition you do every weekend. And holy cow is that a spoiled dog! The more spoiled = the more loved!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Um holy fishes.. That's nuts.. Do you eat those?

~Dawn~ said...

OMG, those fish are HUGE!!

What a sweet Valentine's Day!

Brittany said...

Such a fun tradition!

Ashley said...

This is crazy but my Dad lives right on that lake lol Where at do you guys stay? CRAZY

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! Those catfish are HUGE! I would have been so afraid of it somehow getting off the hook and attaching to me - I have some pretty irrational fears haha. I couldn't help but laugh about the restaurant being connected to a strip club!

Molly S. said...

Ahhhh sounds like my kind of weekend. Goodness I would need to work out to actually snag one of those. HUGE! What a cool tradition.

Carolyn said...

This sounds absolutely perfect! :) And you're brave for holding that crazy fish... I would have been terrified! HAHA

Karen Mortensen said...

What fun. I love to fish.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning
this article and the rest of the website is also really good.


See this: sennik, http://horoskoproczny.
com.pl

Unknown said...

Please come back to blogging on the reg! lol you have been one of my favorite reads for the past year, I live up in Northwest GA and trying to start myself a small blog...happy late Valentines!

Anonymous said...

Back in July, Corel announced that it had acquired Avid Studio and
the Pinnacle Studio family, along with the rest of Avid's video editing products geared toward hobbyist users (Avid isn't “
gone” – it's just focusing on its products for the pro-level audience now). Here are some tips on how to make this folder smaller, as well as how to deal with export and compression in a way to lower the overall drive space taken up. Unfortunately, I have too many colleagues out there that are just too intimidated by new forms of technology, especially when their students are going to be more informed and skilled with it than they are.

my webpage ... videos downloaden

Brooke said...

Loving your fishing outfit! So adorable!

Brooke
=)