Sunday, July 1, 2012

Farewell 26.



Today is my twenty-seventh birthday - how fun♥ I love birthdays of all kinds. But I must confess that turning twenty-seven feels bittersweet. Cheers to another year of life - Thank you Jesus!  It is not because I hate growing old because I am probably the only lady you will meet that actually likes growing old. What, how, & why - right? Every year gets bigger, better & happier. Why would I not?  But saying farewell to year twenty-six and welcoming age twenty-seven has probably been the birthday that I've actually thought about what really happened in my life and where I've been. What is next? What can ever top age twenty-six? Can happier exist? 


My twenty-sixth year of life was definitely the most memorable year I've ever had, hoping it won't be the last or the only. As good as life has been in all my twenty-seven years, twenty-six was my most comfortable, my most joyful and the one year where I grew a completely different outlook on life and definitely on love with a lot of small memories in between. That being said, I also realized that every day is a new day and you can never take for granted the people in your life.

Speaking of getting old, I've realized some changes with my age this year:

1.} I've weakened in the catagory of "motion sickness".
On our honeymoon, our Bahamas Vacay & our Deep Sea fishing trip - all three
I was at some point weezy from the water. That's never happened before.

2.} When I stick my hands under the blow-dry hand machine in a
public restroom, my skin ... sadly it has more elasticity && it's not as "tight".

3.} Life is to precious to take for granted.  I've always known this
but this year, my eyes were really opened to how valuable life really is. It scares the shiii outta me yet I've learned to appreciate every waken second - my life is precious
& so is the people around me. Tomorrow is not promised.

4} Changes in my body.
I never understood when people said the older you get the harder it is to drop weight,
I thought they were nuts - well I am experiencing it now.
Also, my face is no longer take a nights rest with a days worth of makeup.
If I do not wash my face before bedtime, I pay for it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers to 27 years of life. It's been so awesome words can not describe.
Life is great. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I'm in love. && I'm MARRIED!

I look forward to what this year has to hold.
Let's see if it can top it?! Ya think?

Uh, Duh? Of course!

20090202211618
photo credit

12 comments:

~Katie said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!!

Jillian said...

wishing you a fantastic birthday!!! xxxooo

Karen Mortensen said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad you feel good about growing older. It isn't so bad.

Kayla said...

Happy birthday!

Mrs. Thomas said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's wonderful! :)

= said...

happy birthday sweet girl~~

= said...

happy birthday sweet girl~~

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! =)

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a great week

lori said...

i love this post. im noticing some of the same things myself... and realized i probably need to invest in some eye cream and old lady products like that. ha.

happy birthday, girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I'm SO behind on blogs! Happy belated birthday, love!! Looks like you had a great one! :)

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something new and challenging
on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be useful to read through content from other
writers and use something from other websites.

Here is my web blog: learn more