Wednesday, August 3, 2011

10 Day YOU challenge: {2 songs}



Day 2
... songs

1. You're are the Best Thing
by: Ray LaMontagne
{Many} months ago, I was having a HORRIBLE day. I came home the most handsome man cooking dinner in {my apron}, the table set, a glass of wine was ready & when I reached the kitchen... he pushed play! :)
 I laughed & cried at the same time because it was exactly what I needed.
NOTE: this my friends,would have been the song Aaron & I were going to dance to
as our first dance. However, he panicked & said "J, it's just too fast. Look at you now, you'd have me all over the dance floor. The words are perfect, but it's just too fast for our first dance." {as I danced by myself in our living room the night he decided this was NOT our first dance song.}
However, this will be {our} last dance for the night... as the party will continue.

2. Walk with You
by Edwin McCain
THIS song is the song I'm dancing with my Step Dad. I'm completely in love with it.
Being he is walking me down the aisle & my Daddy will be the {only} one dancing solo with me for the daddy daughter dance.
I plan to give this song to my step dad, Aaron, the day before so he can really listen to the words.
He means the world to me & is really having a hard time, emotionally with me getting married. :)
It won't be a solo dance, but it will mean everything to me. He's a great dad & has been since I was just a little girl.

1 comment:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

OMG your songs and the little story with each made me tear up! You are just the cutest and I am sooooooooo excited for you =)