Friday, June 1, 2012

6 Day Body Detox.... I'm In!!!

Note: before I get started introducing my new 6 day project, Does anyone know how I can put a video on YOUTUBE or even take different sections of different videos in order to make one video? I want to share some videos here soon OR maybe even start VLOG-ing {so you can hear the mixture between a Yankee & a Southern} but I need a Youtube book for Dummies. I'd appreciate your teaching skills. Thanks a bunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When I wrote my depressing/Inspiring post Wednesday on starting to run, I wasn't only floored at the amount of feedback and motivation but of all the amount of support I received - I'd be lying if I said I didn't get emotional over it. Seriously. I kid you not. There may or may not have been a few tears rolling down my face. You all are wonderful && are what is keeping me ahead and strong.

Anngela wrote a comment about trying a body detox to help jump start my weight challenge. And then she kept me really informed and so I thought about it. 
I bit the bullet & I order it.

Well, it came in the mail yesterday. Ekkkk!
Looked pretty cool. Anngela and I have been chatting a lot about this & I'm stalking her constantly asking a million +1 questions about it. Do I do this? Or this? Or this? Or that?

Why not? Right.

Kaeng Raeng has different meal replacements. But the one I chose was for beginners & it's a 6 day - 3 meals a day. Yikes! Can I do? Sure I can!! I can do anything! {or that's what I keep telling myself} It's Gluten, Vegan & Caffeine FREE. YES!! Basically, all natural. You can add fruits or raw vegetables to the drinks to make them more filling,  but Anngela suggested for less calorie intake {being I'm trying to boost my weight loss} to just do water, which is what she does. Suuure! Okay - Let's do this.

So today - Monday, I started. I freaked out because I didn't have a 24-32 oz cup it calls for.\ I quickly emailed Anngela because she has ALL the answers. By this time, I'm at work and have not yet had my breakfast shake replacement.

I just grabbed one of the three as my morning choice -


I make it and this is what happened....


.... I'm struggling but I know I'm not making it correctly.
Soon I'll be on my lunch break & will be able to get the right size cup &&& {thanks to Anngela} she suggested a hand held mixer. That's definitely needed because it's VERY griddy. Yuck!

The taste isn't bad. It's the texture I'm having trouble with.
Come 11:30, I was still trying to get breakfast down.
I threw it away after drinking HALF.

Lunch = Strawberry Raspberry Pineapple

It's RED instead of coffee color, maybe it'll help!
Say a prayer.
I need it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your face is PRICELESS in the photo! Makes me want to run out and grab 20 bags of it!

Nicole said...

If that's not the saddest picture, I don't know what is! You'll get through it! I'm sure once you have the texture down, the taste won't be too bad :) Good luck and have a good weekend!

Leslie said...

I did a 3 day juice cleanse called Blue Print Cleanse a couple weeks ago. It was HARD but glad I did it and it does get easier! Good luck! :)

Emily Carnes said...

HMMM please keep us updated on this. I've been thinking about trying a detox like this, but...your face in that picture! Totally priceless!

The Pink Growl said...

Good luck girl! I'm sure you will see results with that, I would think it would be hard not to. Your face looks genuinely stresses out in that pic! haha

caitlin said...

I really want to do a detox, make sure you let me know how it goes!

lori said...

haha aww jess, that picture is pitiful. i don't think i could do gritty...

keep us updated!

Carly Ann said...

I'm really interested to hear how it turns out, maybe I should try it!

Anonymous said...

How did it turn out for you??? I've done Kaeng Raeng before, but I had to use ice, a little juice and blender to get the taste/texture I wanted.

-R

Jenna Renee said...

Soooo it's been a week! How did the detox turn out? I know that us readers are DYING to know! :)

Hope things are going well. I am an avid reader of your blog, just haven't commented in awhile because I read mainly on reader on my phone.

Drop by sometime :)

http://lawyergirlruns86.blogspot.com