Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mackey Maddess Cruises

Hi there friends! I'm Megan and I blog about life over at Mackey Madness.

While Jess is away having a blast on her cruise, I figured that I could hop on over and share a little bit from a cruise I went on in 2009. My two best friends and I decided that we needed a real vacation, so we hopped aboard the Carnival Fantasy and away we went.

That's me in the blue and my two friends.

We sailed from New Orleans and visited several islands. I have been on a few other cruises and I always have such a great time. There are several things that I love about cruising, but I would have to say that my favorite thing of all is the FOOD! Oh my goodness, it is never ending and delicious. And then you return home and wonder why your clothes don't fit anymore. Poo.



Getting ready to board.



Lifeboat dril




Our ship and another ship when we docked one day.


Zip lining one day.

With our dinner waiter.


This is SO much fun...and a little weird to slide while you cruise on an open sea.

If any of y'all haven't been on a cruise, I highly recommend it...at least once! It's a great way to get away from it all and turn the computers and cell phones off. Plus, you typically get to visit several islands and have the chance to do some really fun adventures (like the zip line that we did!)

Thanks for having me, Jess!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks like too much fun. I love cruising :)
xoxo
Samantha,

betterblondesam.blogspot.com

Raven said...

ok funny thing about this post (I LOVE YOU MEGAN). You said "its a great way to turn off your computers and cell phones for a week." You would THINK. Cause turning them on would be like, financial suicide, right? I mean, its like 9 bucks a second when you talk on your phone out in the open seas.

Insert dumb ass Raven. I turned my phone on "just real quick" lots of times, you know, to check my blog comments, Facebook, etc, well those "just real quick" turn-ons added up to a $300 phone bill.

Oops.

Dorothy Explora said...

oh, FUN! ;D