Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011 Recap

VALENTINES 2011!


My Valentine was truly A-MAZING!
We decided to pack up and get away for the weekend! So much going in this wonderful life, time alone with each other was exactly what the both of us wanted!Aaron has been doing so much for me lately I wanted to make this valentines about him! He LOVES to fish. Catfish! He LOVES Santee Cooper! His parents have a place up on the lake!
PERFECT getaway!

Aaron has been dying to go to the lake and set out the poles! Usually, this is when I skip out! He can fish ALL.NIGHT.LONG!
But, it was about him this time! Being he finally had sides made for the pontoon boat, it shouldn't be that bad [& it wasn't]. Weather wise! February is still pretty cold to fish! After Aaron set everything up, I thankfully thought to bring cards!


He taught me how to play Texas holdem' using fishing items from his tackle box as money!
I lost all but one game... It was still great!
Throughout our time playing cards... I was lucky enough to experience catching these guys



First Blue Catfish of the day...
Caught by ME!!!
11 pounds! How exciting!


Second Catfish just minutes after mine...
22 pounds




My FIRST time holding a catfish... Very Slimy!
I really was scared. They have pokers on their fins, but Aaron
insisted on me holding him!




Before my battery went completely dead, I turned the phone off! Therefore I didn't get pictures of all the fish, but we caught eight. The smallest weighing in at 8 pounds!
I was really having a blast!

The temperature started dropping & I was bundled up with layers upon layers of clothes!
Aaron also brought a gas heater for me! Sweet!
But what is REALLY sweet...
Is the dinner I had NO clue about! I did think him bringing a small table on the boat was odd, however I didn't think anything crazy!
There we were at sunset eating Steak & Lobster Tail with baked potatoes...
Just the two of us! It was unbelievable romantic! I was really at AWE!
I guess it's true when they say; Everything gets better with age!
Definitely another Valentines I will NEVER forget!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night ON Valentines Day!

I came home again.. to what I thought i would be cooking, but my valentine had started cooking; Grilled Catfish served on Rice Pilaf & Broccoli!
I wore my valentine apron, put some extra lip gloss on, & some really cute shoes! ; ) I tried to join in, however he had it under control!

We had a candle lite dinner at home! It was perfect!
I also brought out the wine & wine glasses! We had a few toast!

*To our last Valentines as Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Fiance'
*Being Happy
*Good Times, Good Memories, Many more to come
*I love you today but even more tomorrow!



I was p.e.r.f.e.c.t!!!
 For Dessert....
Chocolates! It's a must have! Even if we are on the Biggest Loser!

Happy Valentines to the MOST amazing person I know!
We ended our night with...

The Bachelor! Oh how addicted are we???
Yay, Michelle is G.O.N.E! Very much looking forward to next weeks
show. TEAM EMILY! I'm starting to like Ashley H. more than I did.
Meeting the family would be a BIG step for me!


[please excuse the quality of my pictures, Yes... I used my phone! I did not have my camera, because once again... I do not know where it is.]


13 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Aaron is so sweet and so good to you! :) I love that you put on cute shoes and some extra lip gloss - hubba, hubba! ;)

Ok. So I have to admit. I have never been fishing. I have this dear of slimy things and fish biting my fingers. But you make it look fun and cute!! Maybe I will need to add this to my bucket list! :)

Unknown said...

awww!! what a sweet day =) I love fisihing with my man -- I think it is because he knows SO MUCH about it and really enjoys teaching me =)

PS: I LOVE the new look!!

Anonymous said...

So Fun! The pictures were great!

Anonymous said...

So Fun! The pictures were great!

Unknown said...

Hi new follower. Your blog is so adorable. Dinner on the boat was the sweetest thing I have heard.

♥Cait said...

How sweeeeet! I love the fact that you had absolutely no idea about dinner! Kuddos big time to Aaron!

The first (and only) time I've been to Santee catfishing, I reeled in the first one of the day...12 pounds. A few minutes later, Cliff hooked one at about 30pounds! How funny!

It's such a beautiful place!

Love the toast idea! Those are moments you will have forever!

Us, on the other hand? It was definitely just another day. Valentine's? What's Valentine's? ha. I'm definitely looking forward to next year :) I think the Bachelor was the greatest surprise of all yesterday! I'm.so.glad.Michelle.is.gone. I NEVER saw it coming, though. I would've thought they would've kept her own just for stats! Now, I'm itching to find out how next week goes!

Have a good one Jess!

Allison said...

So fun and so sweet! How exciting that this is your last Valentine's Day NOT being Mr and Mrs. :D

I was SO glad Michelle went home and I'm TEAM EMILY TOO!

Shannon said...

Okay so totally thought of you last night when Michelle got the boot! I was a bit surprised, I must admit. Figured they'd keep here around 'cause she makes such good tv! I like Emily too but am not too sure how her daughter will take this big change!

Hope you have a great week! Glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Jessica and Stephan said...

Sounds like a great valentines! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time :)

Unknown said...

Aww!! Look at you breaking in that fishing pole! Looks like a fun weekend!

BTW, I also awarded the Stylish Blogger Award on your cute and lovely new blog design! Detes at my caffeineandcocktails.blogspot.com!

Anonymous said...

How amazing of you to want to make this Valentines Day about him. So glad in the scheme of things you really enjoyed yourself too. Dinner on the boat made my heart melt. How romantic!

Anonymous said...

Hello, і feel that i noticed you νіsited my blog thus i gοt herе to rеturn the dеѕire?
.I am tгying to finԁ things to improve my websitе!
I guesѕ іtѕ adequate to use some οf
уouг idеaѕ!!

Also visit my web blog :: RPMPoker Offer

Anonymous said...

Itѕ suсh aѕ уou learn my thoughts!
You apρeаr to understand so much аpрroximately this, likе you wrotе the guіde іn it or somethіng.
I thіnk thаt yоu simply could do with
somе ρ.c. to foгce the mesѕage house a bіt, but other than that, this is great blog.
Α fantastіc read. I will ԁefinitelу be
back.

my pagе :: Mid Stakes Offer