Monday, March 7, 2011

Marry Me Monday: Pineapples & Pickles

Thanks Jessica for having me for your Marry Me Monday series
It's Saturday evening here in our house. Our baby is happily asleep in his swing, and my husband and I are sitting here looking through our wedding photos in preparation for writing this post. (with a glass of wine I might add)





 
We were married on 12.09.06 with a traditional church ceremony and then a fun reception with dinner and dancing at a historic site (the Historic Heights Fire Station). 



Choosing December for a wedding actually saved us quite a bit of money in the end as the church was already beautifully decorated for Christmas.  A tree was up with poinsettias and greenery everywhere.  

My husband and I both agree that the best piece of advice we can give anyone getting married is this:
Don't sweat the small stuff and have fun. 
I remember freaking out about something that morning (and I can't even remember what prompted the freak out) but boy did I call my wedding coordinator angry and in tears.  I remember him reassuring me that all would be perfect and he would take care of it. So I poured a mimosa started getting ready and finally relaxed.  Utilize your girls to keep you nicely distracted and relaxed. 

Secondly, don't skimp on the photography. I think there are plenty of ways to save money when it comes to weddings, but I do not think you can cut costs when it comes to the photographer.

 
Also, I know it sounds so cliche but don't wish the day away. There may definitely be moments when the day just seems to drag by, but remember to step back and soak in all the moments of the day. 

 
Lastly, don't get all worked up in the details. Like I said earlier I can't even remember what I got all bridezillaish about the morning of my wedding, but I will certainly never forget that our good friend split his pants while dancing (see below). Years later it'll be the special and fun moments that you'll remember. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
yep, split his pants with this move.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thank you Tiffanie!
This was awesome! I will take all your advice in, especially the "don't sweat the small stuff." I am a hugh nik picker [which turns into a panic] when it comes to things not being 'Jessica perfect'. I've been very good so far, however I know the closer to the big day, it will be tough to keep it in. You are not the only bride who has told me that so I will really focus on it.
I am so excited and hope to have a happy day as you and your hubby did! I also hope our guests have as much fun as this gentleman did!
H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S he split his pants! That's awesome. Something you will always remember & something he definitely will never live down!
 

 



4 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

I am a nit picker too and want things to be "Marcy Perfect" so I am hoping that I can let those things go... and know in my heart that regardless if something isn't 100 percent perfect I still get to marry the man of my dreams at the end of the day ;)

Unknown said...

I have to agree no skimping on the photography and no wishing the day away. It's a day to be cherished for the rest of your life.
Beautiful pictures and I love that dress!

Shannon said...

What a neat series! I love this, Jessica!

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and effort you put into your site and detailed information you provide.
It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed material.
Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including
your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Here is my homepage view it now